Monday, November 30, 2009

Final Project Proposition

I have decided to create an exhibit that tells the story of my younger brother’s life surrounding his 1998 Cystic Fibrosis diagnosis. When Evan was diagnosed he was hospitalized for two weeks. In that two weeks his life changed dramatically and I want to create a visual representation of that change. “Cystic Fibrosis” can be very difficult for young children to say, one of the ways that the CF foundation came up with to help kids learn to say it, and in a way to make the concept of chronic illness seem less frightening, was by saying “Sixty Five Roses” instead. I want the theme of my exhibition to be literally 65 roses. I have been thinking about using a suitcase full of boxes that all have something in them surrounding my brother, CF, and the literal image of 65 roses. I’m still in the brainstorming phase but I think my end product will work out well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment